Ok, so the plum bread is a HUGE success. Wonderful recipe, highly recommend it. But, it didn’t TOUCH the amount of plums we had, so I decided to try this recipe as well. I didn’t double it this time.. but basically it makes like a plum upside-down cake. Delicious!
- 7 cups pitted and quartered plums
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Place the plums into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. In a large bowl, mash together 2/3 cup butter with 1 1/2 cup of white sugar until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Stir in 3 cups of flour, the baking powder, and salt. Mix in the milk and vanilla extract to make a smooth batter. Pour the batter over the plums. Mix 1 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup of butter, 1/4 cup of flour, and cinnamon together in a bowl to make a crumbly topping; spread over the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes.